Well, I had a tenuous excuse: I couldn't get any screws the right length on our local high road and because Mr G went to work by car yesterday, I had to wait til this morning to go to the DIY shop. And I really couldn't be bothered to clear stuff off the table to cut bias binding. It was that kind of day, humid and very demotivating in the sewing department.
But all was not lost. I had a 4am revelation the other night and so I spent half the afternoon crocheting then pulling out, then knitting, the start of a shawl. More on that when I have a reasonable length done.
But anyway, back to the purpose of the post.
I went to the DIY shop, I fought with the spool holder and yay! I finished it.
Construction was not without its problems but it's done and I feel almost as arty and crafty as Flossie Teacakes, who has one of her own (you can see it in one of her My Favourite Places In Our House photos) and kindly pointed me in the right purchasing direction.
It's very clear that I now need to buy lots of lovely inspiring coloured threads to make it look as lovely as Flossie's. I shall also get some gate hooks to screw to the legs (to stop it doing the splits!) and some eyes so that I can hang it on the wall (it really does take up a lot of space with the legs out), but that is small stuff so I think I can safely say 'bias binding, here I come'.