Lordy, 7am on new year's day and I'm blogging. I was going to say I hope this doesn't set a precedence but with 6 weeks to go til I pop, this may turn out to be the new trend of 2011 (hello, 4am feeds!).
So, happy new year everyone.
There have been lots of bloggers far more orgnaised than myself who have been posting lovely illustrated resumes of 2010 but what with Stash Towers haveing been completely consumed by the leurgy over the holidays (Mr G coughing his lungs out and me losing all sense of taste and smell) nothing much has been done in that direction.
Yesterday was spent grilling a poor sales assistant in Mothercare for 3 hours, and eating fondue with Mr C. This (the fondue not the grilling) has become our traditional new year's eve meal, and I wanted to take lots of photos but totally forgot in the bustle of it all, so you will have to imagine 140 different kinds of pickle, a near boiling pot of broth with lots of bits of squewered meat, and 5 baguettes (thanks to poor communications). Oh, and special mention to Mr C's home-made garlic sauce which contained nearly 2 bulbs of garlic - so we will probably need to keep a safe distance from the sales assistant when we go back to Mothercare this afternoon. Poor Debbie will certainly have earned her commission by the time she's finished with us!
So my contribution to the new year blog-o-sphere is two very quick and disorganised lists - possibly with photos if I can find them - as a quick round up of what's been and what's yet to come.
In 2010, I...
- got pipped at the post for 4 jobs (grumble)
- started blogging (woo hoo!)
- had my mum to stay
- had at least one sewing frenzy
- wasn't allowed to do any exercise (double grumble)
- made an unfeasible number of cakes (yay!)
- lost 10 kg...
- ... then watched my waist line grow to 46" (gulp)
- improved my bread-making skills
- and didn't improve my tunic-making skills
And in 2011, I'll be...
- learning how to be a mother (gulp)
- having lots of sleepless nights (already in practice for this thanks to aching pregnancy legs)
- finishing my flippin' course (no, of course I didn't do any work last week, hrumph)
- getting a job (this really has to happen)
- going running again (OMG. I. Can't. Wait.)
- moving house (this really has to happen too)
- making even more cakes (double yay!)
- eating more spinach (spanokopita, how I love you)
- trying not to mention the baby in every post
- rediscovering the joys of tea (goodbye, pregnancy hormones)
- trying to tick off some of the things on my knitting list
There. That's the gist of things. Let's hope 2011 is not as random as these lists.