This is a 'left-over' from KCWC but I can finally say it's finished. Several weeks ago in fact - it just took me a week to get decent shots of it, and another week to get to type about it (not helped by the fact that Stashlet (whose room is next door to what is rather optimistically called the office) seems to wake at the slightest tap on the keyboard these days, sigh).
The jacket took ages because
- half way through I realised I didn't have a zip the right length and had to get one posted from the UK because you don't seem to be able to get 14" chunky plastic zips here
- then I decided to line it
- which required a degree of unpicking
- then my machine had a bit of a fit
- which required more unpicking
- three times
- then it was a right fiddle to sew the zip in neatly
- then I sewed the linings of the sleeves in the wrong way
- which required more unpicking...
- and on top of all that I had to keep packing up the machine because I'm sewing on the kitchen table
But finally it was done! HOO-double-RAH.
I think I've already said that it's another jacket based on Jackie Clark's Cute as a Button Baby Jacket which I semi-redrew to have raglan sleeves and a funnel neck. This jacket gets better and better each time I fiddle with the pattern, and I'm particularly pleased with the funnel neck. However, even though I added another 5cm to the length it could still be longer, and is a bit too bomber jackety. I need to remember this for next time (there's bound to be one).
The robot fleece is from my LFS and was an impulse buy before Stashlet was born but after I found out the bump would be a boy. Glad I got it, I think it's great and there's enough for a few other things too. And the lining is a good old Ikea Polarvide blanket which is a lighter weight fleece than the outer - glad I got that too because they seem to have discontinued the navy.