So then. More trousers.
These cord trousers are a remake of a pair I made about 6 months ago that were so horribly baggy they got worn once and pushed to the back of the drawer. I unpicked them and laid Dana's pattern (the flat front version) out over the pieces. There was a bit of fiddling and a rather narrow seam happened at the crotch but I just about managed it.
The welt pockets are not my best work but considering they're a revamp I'm not that unhappy. Having finally got them on to Stashlet this morning, I feel that they could do with belt loops or the elastic tightening a bit, and possibly another ¾" added to the length of the body for better bum coverage.
These foxy ones are exactly the pattern and length as Dana's pattern and they are a little long at the moment, but the way Stashlet is growing (he's shot up a whole shoe size in the last 6 weeks) they won't be for too long.
The welt pockets gape a bit on the photo but once there's a bottom inside there, they'll be fine.
I got mildly fancy on the outside hem and did a double top stich so that there is some element of neatness if we roll them up, and I couldn't resist the little colour-check birds on the selvedge, so they got a look in too.
I really like this pattern, especially the flat front element of it and will be using it for as long as I can. It's really easy to run up and play around with.
I'll be linking up this post with Randi's Show and Tell Tuesday next week (this week was hijacked by pc glitches) and The Train to Crazy's Make it Wear it Thursday tomorrow.